PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Graduation Party Invites

Who can resist an invitation from the Belle of the ball, Bella??? I got these beautiful card bases from a bud on Luckybug Yahoo group (thanks Shelly) and created my daughter's graduation invitations.
I stamped and colored Bella, glitzed her with Liquid Glass and Stickles, mounted her with dimensional tape, popped the embossing out with ink, glitzed that with Stickles, and stamped the sentiment and inked the scalloped ovals and circles.

Some cards didn't allow for wenough room for allof Bella, so I just cut her legs off. I did that for one of Wendy's birthday parties, she still remembers that I cut the legs off her fave Barbie to make the Barbie stand-up cake. She was five at the time, poor traumatized thing.


Here I added my own scalloped diecuts, inked the edges and added the olive-colored flower brads. I almost hate to mail them out, I never remember to keep an invitation for myself!
These are going out to my friends and family. Wendy is inviting her own friends, and I think I'll make her invitations, but not as extensive as these. Anyway, I made a total of twelve cards for this shindig.



1 comment:

cabio's craft corner said...

These are cute invitations. I am sure your daughter would cherish all the things you made her. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Hugs,
Cabio