PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Well, I made a card so far on this National Scrapbooking Day. Couldn't do much more, I'd been sick all week, left a mess from packing up for last weekend's scrap retreat and bags were still loaded. So I spent ALL DAY cleaning, cleaning out, and organizing my space. All my journaling boxes, squares, rubons and handmades are in one pretty white box. Flowers are organized by color in the plastic bin up top.
If you can take your eyes off my daughter's self-portrait art project from several years ago (yes, it is missing an eye, lord knows where it went to), you'll notice my upside down Stickles velcroed to my file. Above them are my paltry few quickutz dies, and to the left of the "orange girl" are misc bling in magnetic containers.

Since hubby won't attach particle board to my wall, I've had to be creative with the corkboard. The bags hold plastic slide mounts and my color wheel. Below the board are my containers of embellies, organized by color. Copics are there as well, and all my scissors are at hand. Finally, my cutting mats and paper trimmer are kept handy.
My craft room is as organized as I can make it without any aggressive organization furniture. Hubby refuses to buy or build for me, so I have to think outside the box. My closet (not shown)has a two-drawer dresser with sweater and shoe hanging storage. I saved up the money for my white wire paper storage shelves from Target, and on the opposite wall (not shown) I bought a long handmade dresser at a rummage sale that I bought, had delivered, and filled before he got home that night.
Even with the challenges, I manage to steal time and love the pages I do and the cards I make, and I am such a happy crafter!


No comments: