PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Finally Cracked the Scrapper's Block

I have not scrapped a single page since the weekend scrapping retreat last April! Every time I walked into my craft room, I just didn't have the motivation to do a layout. I could make cards, and I made plenty! But scrapping? Couldn't touch the photos, even.
Now it's over, and it took a photo of my daughter at her 8th grade dance to do it. I had volunteered to take tickets for the dance, and was able to cadge a few for scrapping. I used one in its entirety, and cut the rest into small repeating journal blocks that highlighted the theme of the dance, as well as serves as the title. I tried pulling the pink from Wendy's dress down to the journaling blocks with ribbon, as well as framing the admission ticket. The stitching is drawn on using a glitter black pen.
That's the good news. And there's better news. I have more photos to scrap, so I hope I've pulled myself out of that scrapper's hell and I'm back to working on layouts on a regular basis.

No comments: