PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day (Part 2)

This card was the free Make & Take at my lss, Craft Fancy (Hi, Simone!). Not only did I get to make this great card, but she had a limited amount of goody bags with Clear stamps from Memory Box, a strip of adhesive-backed jewels, some assorted patterned paper, extra embellies, and the chance to enter a card-making contest. I have two weeks to enter. Winner receives a gift card and has her card displayed in the store--woohoo!
I always have difficulty coming up with ideas for masculine-themed birthday cards. I thought a rustic woods scene might be in line for saying Happy Birthday to a guy. The bear in the woods is actually an ATC from a swap (received years ago). I pepped up the coloring with Copics, inked the edges of my card base, and added teh sentiment along with a chipboard acorn.
It's almost time to start supper, so I might just have to end my lovely cardmaking session with myself, and be content with seven cards today.

No comments: