PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Goals, New Art


1-1-11...What a great year to start fresh. New ideas, new techniques, new goals, new achievements, new friends, new work, new...everything! Looking back to the past year, I am glad I tried to keep track of every day of the year. I didn't finish off the year, life got busy and my camera broke; but it's great to look back at 2010 and remember and say, "Oh, yeah, I did that" or "I saw that" or "I went there". It's great to live in the moment, but it's even better to have a reminder of those moments!
So how did my 2010 resolutions fare? I surpassed my goal of handmade cards, but didn't quite reach my goal for layouts scrapped. Many personal and private reasons for this, mosty of them good. So I am not disappointed, merely motivated to look ahead to another year of challenges.
My new resolutions for 2011? Simplify, organize, and live in the moment.
Meanwhile, I have already started creating again. Besides the valentine's card above, I've been commissioned to make some Recipe Clippings Organizers. I'm making a template book to work off of, and will post soonest. Maybe I can try my hand a t a tutorial for it, as well!
So, Happy New Year, and good luck to all!

1 comment:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Such a cute card!

Cheers, Holley
http://holleybarnhartsblog.blogspot.com/