PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Need a Hero


Here is my latest and greatest card for the Hambo Hoedown! This week’s challenge is a sketch challenge, which you can find here. The image is a digi called Bird Hero from Hambo Designs. You can use any of their images for their challenges! I colored this fine specimen of a hero with my trusty Copics (colors listed below), and glitzed him up with CTMH Liquid Glass and “Clear Star" Gelly Roll by Sakura.
All the papers used were bits and pieces from my stash. I can’t abide throwing away even the smallest of leftover papers, so end up with a drawer (okay, five drawers) full of bits and pieces of papers. I store them in hanging file folders in a five-drawer file cabinet, separated by colors and themes. I have vowed to use up as much of my stash as possible before buying another piece of paper, but it’s so-o-o hard, with all the lovely new papers coming out, and all the lovely old papers going on clearance so the store will have room for the new. I like ink, too! My favorite pastime is to ink all the edges of my papers. I also stamped the red cardstock background with a small Stampin Up stamp and some “Champagne” Versamark Dazzle ink.

Copics used: B02.93; YG03; Y17; R29

4 comments:

Allie Gower said...

great job
wasn't that silly bird lots of fun?

Judy Rozema said...

That is adorable! Thanks for playing in the Hoedown!

Silli said...

your card is so pretty, I love the colors..;-) Thanks for joining us at Hambo Hoedown!

Melissa said...

I love the color palette! Glad you joined us this week.