PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Spring Birthday

My one and only niece is having a birthday in April. She loves to play outside and get all muddy and friendly with bugs, so I thought the new caterpillar digi from Hambo Stamps would work perfectly on a card for her. They’re offering a challenge over at the Hambo Hoedown blog. You can use any of their images and the colors HOT PINK and BRIGHT GREEN.
I used a patterned paper from one of those 365 Days of Scrapbooking calendars for the card base and cut out the sentiment. The caterpillar is a cross between paper piecing and Copic coloring. I printed the image onto We R Memory Keepers Tiffiney’s paper line for the body, and colored his shoes and head with Copics (G14, YG05, Y17, R29, B04, V04, RV04). I popped him out with dimensional dots, after I messed up adhering his shoes to the card---it went on crooked with a lump in the middle, so I thought use the error, don't cry over it, so he's got dimension as an afterthought! I also used a black glitter Spica pen and some CTMH Liquid Glass for shine. His antennae were too difficult to cut out, so I made some from green wire. Finally, I embellished (just a little) with some sequin flowers.
The challenge at Hambo Hoedown has just started, so get over there and get your game on. Each time you enter their challenge, they will send you a free digi image—how cool is that?!

3 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

It worked! Yay! Your card is so cute! I LOVE the shoes! Thanks for playing in the Hoedown!

Monica Hunter said...

This is SO cute! I love all the colored shoes, and the wire antennae. Thanks for taking the Hambo Hoedown challenge!! :)

Melissa said...

That is such a fun and colorful card! The shoes are a blast! Thanks for playing along at the hoedown!