PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, September 11, 2011

FALL FLOWERS

There is a lot to say about the flowers of Autumn, not just the leaves.  So much of the colorful scenery that the season of Fall presents are due to the flowers, too.
Using Flowers-digi from Hambo Stamps, I made a card in tribute to the unsung foliage of Fall, the flowers.  I made a Stair Step card, whose design I found HERE at Splitcoast Stampers. 
I followed my crafting goals of 2011, which are to use up the leftovers I have stashed in every nook and cranny of my craft room/granddaughter's bedroom.
I paper-pieced all the lovely flowers you see on my card, and set them to shine in the sunshine using Stickles.  The sentiment is a part of some card candy from an old swap that was left over.  I nudged the colors a bit with Copics, and finished it off with a leaf-shaped button in the top right corner. (The colors appearing in the photo sure don't match up with the colors I see with my old eyes, so something is wrong with my camera or the poto uploader!)
I am entering this card in the Hambo Hoedown this week.  All they ask is a Fall theme and flowers using one of their digi images.  Don't have one?  Click HERE to check out the freebies!  Every player gets a free digi each week they play and follow the guidelines, so what are you waiting for?  Dance on over there!!

3 comments:

Hey Hey Paula said...

I like the bright colored flowers and the fall scene that you've created. Thanks for playing in the Hoedown this week.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.
Hugs

Unknown said...

I love all the wonderful detail in your card! Great colors too!

Thanks for playing at the Hoedown!

Jenn