PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Handful of Hambo

I got a couple of new digi images from Hambo Stamps and I just couldn't wait to pay with them.  They've just closed a Design Team Call that ended last Friday.  The new team will be announced on September 28th.

Banana Kid digi image from Hambo Stamps


For my first card, I used Banana Kid digi image.  I made an easel card because I think it’s the best presentation when using a riddle on a card.  The sentiment reads “What do you get when two bananas get together?”  When the easel card is opened, the answer is “A Pair of Slippers”.
I know, it’s so corny that it’s cute!
I printed my images twice, once on mirror image so it looks like the two of them are facing each other.  Digi images are great that way---any size, any perspective, anything goes!
Actually, I printed four images, so I could color and cut out just the banana body and face on each to give them added dimension.  I used my trusty Copics and found some fun patterned paper in my stash, leftover from another project.  I lucked out on a small but perfect piece of patterned ribbon in a coordinating print.
I have the Banana Kid and the Strawberry Kid digi images and am working my way through the Hambo “grocery aisle” to collect all the fruit and veggie kid images. 


Wee Henrietta Witch by Hambo Stamps

On to my second card…I printed Wee Henrietta Witch digi-image.  I love the Wee Henry and Henrietta line of images.  I really liked working with this one, since I have Halloween on my mind.  She looks so cute, all ready for Trick-or-Treating, pumpkin in one hand and broom in another.  I had a leftover piece of DCWV patterned paper from the Once Upon a Time stack, and an embossed haunted house that was just right for this card.  A piece of lace and a jet black bead on the roof of the house, and all it needed was Wee Henrietta to stand in front, welcoming all the little ghosts and goblins to her humble abode.
I colored the image with my Copics, and gave dimension to the broom stick by coloring and attaching a toothpick for the handle.  I bundled some raffia together with a bit of gold wire for the broom’s business end.  I printed and colored one more image of her so I could cut out and adhere her hand (with a dimensional dot) on top of the full image, making it look like she’s holding the broom.


Wee Henrietta Witch digi image

Since I have a few kids on my block, I usually give them a special treat bag for Halloween, instead of the normal hand in the candy bowl.  So I used Wee Henrietta Witch digi image on a few treat bags for my neighborhood ghosts and princesses.  Their parents know me (and my hobby), and the kids love the candy while the moms love the bags. 

I colored my image with, you guessed it, my trusty Copics, adding some shimmer with black Stickles.  Patterned paper, a few foam stars and a sticker or two (all from my leftoversa stash of Halloween papercrafts) make this project easy-peasy, although I did have to work at threading that wonderful Halloween-printed ribbon through the holes.

The fun really starts when I go to the store to buy a few special treats for my special kids!




Banana Kid digi image

I had time for one more card so I used Banana Kid digi image.  I tried a blocking technique on my card, using leftover pieces of patterned paper in a black frame. (Remember, I have made reducing my stash a crafting goal this year and havbe made quite a bit of headway)

 I made an apology card, because I thought the Banana Kid went perfectly with the sentiment “Sorry I slipped up” (and a little humor helps smooth the way toward forgiveness and reconciliation when friends aren't seeing eye to eye)  I framed my sentiment using my Epic Six and Spellbinders Nestabilities Label Four dies.  A few faux pearls and a mini rose finish off the card.  Now, if you received this card from a repentant crafter, wouldn't you be of a mind to forgive and forget?

Hope you liked the card show.  Remember to check out Hambo Stamps and their challenge blog for inspiration and great digi images!


No comments: