PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Be Naughty and Save Santa the Trip

I got a great digi sentiment from Squigglefly that says, "Be Naughty, Save Santa the Trip".   Now I had two really fantastic Squigglefly digi images that could go with that sentiment, but I couldn't decide which one to use.
So I used them BOTH!!!  I made two Christmas cards to give to some special  girlfriends who have been extra good this year, so they have some "room for mischief". 

The first uses one of my fave images, called "Badonkadonk" by Chesney Young.   I paper pieced her dress for a little flair, and colored the rest of the image with Copics.  I applied some Stickles to highlight her hair, and Liquid Glass on her lips for some holiday shine.  I used leftover patterned paper for the background, and added an ornament with a bow for embellishment. 

This card is a 6x6, which is one of my favorite sizes of cards to make, but as the envie costs not one but TWO postage stamps to mail, I'll be handing this one to my girlfriend personally!

Next up is a card I made using the Squigglefly digi image called "Offcicial Mistletoe Tester" again by Chesney Young.  I originally wanted to make an easel card, but I printed the image too large for my card, and as I wasn't at home to resize and print again, I made do with a standard fold card.
I used the "lip-smacking good" patterned paper that came in a whole stack that I snagged from a rummage sale this summer.
She looks like she's enjoying her job, doesn't she?  I fussy-cut her out to fit the card front, but you don't have to.  I wanted to give it some texture with some red fun flock, but upon inspection, my stash didn't have any!!  Must put that down on my Christmas List!!

Both cards offer the second part of the sentiment on the insides.  This one will be mailed out today, so it can get to its destination before Christmas! 

Hope you like my naughty cards.  I know my bff's will!  So get busy, crafters!  Only 18 more crafting days before Christmas!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hot cards!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

I love that Squigglefly image, it's too cute. Love the glitter you put in her hair. She's got the naughty look on her face. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

So fun Pat!! Love the images you used with this sentiment! We all have a little naughty in us right?! :)
smiles,Deena

Tammy said...

Fun cards! Great take on being "naughty"!

Holly Young said...

These are adorable Pat! I think you picked some great images to go with the sentiment. I love how you used glitter in the hair on the first one. I don't think I would have thought of that!