PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 23, 2012

Recipe for Love


Sweet Froggy
 This cuter than cute digi image from Squigglefly inspired so many different sentiments, but I chose one from Squigglefly "Short on legs, long on love!"   I made this Valentine card for the new Squigglefly challenge, which follows a "recipe".  The "ingredients" are use ribbon or twine, use glitter (something sparkly) and use a brad somewhere on the card
After coloring my image, called "Sweet Froggy" by Jane Beljo, with my trusty Copics, I added my first recipe ingredient, Stickles, to make his warts shine! The second ingredient, a purple ribbon, was stapled to my image.  Finally, I added two white heart brads for my third ingredient.
Inside, I added the sentiment "Happy Valentine's Day".
Now it's your turn to create a card and play in the Squigglefly Challenge.  If you need a Squigglefly image, find some freebies HERE.

Other challenges I entered:
Cupcake Craftroom - Anything Goes  http://cupcakecraftroom.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-2012-challenge.html

11 comments:

Linda W. said...

Oh Pat I remember that grass bg paper! How cool - that is simply the most darling card! Now I"m off to check out everyone's cards! You rock lady!

Holly Young said...

This is just darling! I love the grass background and his glittery warts!

bumblebee creations said...

What an awesome job you have did on the challenge--love your card Pat!! Thanks for joining our Squigglefly challenge this week!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Super adorable project for the contest this week. Awesome froggie. I love the way you used all the elements of the challenge. Cheers, Holley

THERESA said...

This is just so cute, love it and that sentiment is perfect!!
lotsa luv

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh, Pat, first - the music on your blog - with Frank singing "Fly Me To the Moon" is so awesome!! Okay - now back to business - your card is wonderful - and what cute BG - your little critter is so very cute - adorable card!!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love this frog image - and those warts are awesome! Love the grass bkgrd - perfect setting for this cute little guy! Love it!

Tammy said...

Oh Pat how cute! Love the sparkle on his warts! Sweet card and the sentiment is perfect.

Shawna said...

Too, too cute! That froggy is utterly adorable!

Heather said...

Way cute Pat!

Anonymous said...

Teehee, Pat, this card is the cutest!! I love his shiny warts, too! Great sentiment for this one! Thanks for playing!