PagesPat's Ponderings

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Krafting with a Sweet Pea Image

Got exactly 20 minutes in my craft room yesterday, in between granddaughter's dance class, a visit to GG, my 101 year old Gram, helping my Bella make cards for her "other" grampa and for my hospitalized sister, visiting my sister, and grocery shopping.  But that's 20 more minutes I thought I'd have, so I'm happy with it!

Star Hanger by Karen Middleton
 And what do I have to show for it?  A Sweet card using one of my new Sweet Pea images!
I'm entering it into their February challenge, "to use Kraft paper on your project", on their challenge blog, One Sweet Challenge.  I happened to have a couple 12x12 sheets of Kraft paper in my stash for the card base, which I stamped with white ink and Stickled with a new background stamp. 
I colored my image while waiting for Bella at dance class.  The acrylic frame encircling the image (you can't see it very well here) was in a swap on my Yahoo group, Your Scrapbook Place.  I added Stickles onto the frame, as well as a few glittered stars and some fiber.

I feel less stressed now that I've had some me time, and I also promised myself that I would look for something, anything, each day, that made me smile.  So here is my photo of what made me smile today, in between the running around.

A little blurry, but here's my February 18th photo of the day.  In my Mom's front yard, her crocuses are trying to pop up before their time!  Hope they come back when it's Spring!

No comments: