PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Little Lenten Humor

Friday will be here very shortly, and as a Catholic, that means no meat during Lent.   So what to eat in place of meat?  A little sole comes to mind.  Luckily, these fish aren't on the menu (this week).  I'll probably make a veggie pizza for the family.
Meanwhile, I made this Z-Fold card for this week's Hambo Hoedown.  I hadn't made a Z-fold card in a while, and I like the way it unfolds to reveal, well, anything you want!
Here, my card is closed and the scene is of two cross-eyed lovers.  Even their air bubbles are shaped like hearts!  I used some patterned paper that I had snagged over the summer at a rummage sale.  The digi image, called Sole Mates from Hambo Stamps, came with four sentiments, and the fish originally are together with digi hearts between them.
I fussy cut the fish apart to place one on the front of my card, and one (with dimensional tape) on the inside of my card.  Except you can see part of the inside even when the card is closed!  And of course you see the word SoleMates.

When the card is opened, it not only will stand on its own, but opens up the scene and also delivers the card sentiment: "Happy Anniversary to a Couple of...Solemates".
I love how you can catch a glimpse of the whole whale with this folded card.

So now you need to put on your dancing shoes and hurry to the Hoedown to play in their challenge.  Its a TicTacToe challenge.  They offer nine different elements you can use for your card or project, but your choice must make three across to make TicTacToe.  There are several different combinations, so everyone's cards are sure to be different and inspiring.  Here's their TicTacToe Board:                                                                    
orange



ribbon
stripes
glossy accents


blue
dry embossing
dots



green
buttons
  Hmm, didn't come completely through, but you get the idea.  I went for TicTacToe down the middle column, using the boxes with RIBBON, BLUE and GREEN.  If you look at my card, the inside fold, on which the sentiment has been written, is decorated with ribbon and fiber, thus making my three across!
So what are you waiting for?  Happy Crafting at the Hoedown this week!

9 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

Pat, great card, so much fun!!!. Love the paper and the idea of cutting them apart for your folded card. Thanks for playing at the Hoedown!!!

Laura said...

Great card! I really like your take on the challenge :)

Chrissy D said...

Ohh this is WONDERFUL! Love the fold and your theme!

Judy Rozema said...

Pat, this is so creative and fun! Love your Z fold and the whole design! Great Hoedown entry~!

Holly Young said...

oh this is so cute and such fun Pat. I love the sentiment and your fantastic background!

Melissa said...

Great card! The hearts add a special little touch!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Pat, what a fun card & creative way to use this image with the z fold. Great job on the challenge. Thanks for joining in the Hoedown this week.

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

Really like the way you made the card a z fold. So fun.

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Pat I love your Z fold!! and the paper is just PERFECT for this layout-congrats on a card well done!!
Carolyn