PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Feelin' Cool on a Summer Day

Some people eat ice cream to cool off on a hot summer day...others sit in front of the fan in shorts and a halter...still others jump into the pool.  I create a card with a winter theme (okay, in an air-conditioned house).

Today I'd like to introduce you to Snowball, a Queen Kat Designs Stamp designed by artist Terra Bidlespacher.  The first QKD stamp I ever colored was designed by Terra, and I love her fantasy-themed girls.  In fact, Terra's Night Forest was on the very first card I created as a new Royal Stamping Maiden for the QKD Design Team!!

I colored Snowball today with Copics, my preferred method if inking.  Stickles make the snowflakes shimmer.  I framed the image with cardstock and an inked paper doily.  I used CTMH double-sided patterned paper for my background, then used a strip of it turned around as embellishment under the diecut snowflake border on the side.  I embellished a snow-white slide mount framing a couple snowmen with a coordinating bow and metal sentiment.  I scattered a few punched stars onto the card to finish it off.

You can find all of Terra's stamps, including Snowball, and a whole shop filled with fantastical, cute, funny, sexy and whimsical stamps at the QKD SHOPPE.


No comments: