PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer is Sizzling with Color

The season of summer is full of vibrant color.  The sky is a clear blue, the grass is a lush green, the sun burns white hot.  I love the pinks of summer flowers and slow sunsets.  

Squigglefly has a new challenge this week.  It's to use a Squigglefly digi image and your favorite summer color.  Not just use it, but make it the main color of your card, in all its shades and tints.

So I took my love for summer pink and made a card using a Squigglefly new release from artist Cheryl Alger called Sassy Sally Queen of Mean.  Isn't Sassy Sally too cute?  She looks a little disgruntled.  Maybe it's the heat.  We seem to be enjoying (?) a rather hot summer.  Or maybe her backyard pool sprung a little leak.  It could be a number of reasons, OR it could be nothing.  After all, she is the Queen of Mean!!

I came back from an all day crop on Saturday and knew that I had to do some cleaning, some cleaning out, and some organizing if I wanted to make this card.  So out came everything in my closet, which is the biggest craft catch-all in history!

While being totally ruthless, I found my stash of feathers.  And that humongous butterfly!  And a handful (okay, it was a stack about 2 inches thick) of patterned papers.

So after my closet was put to rights, after I threw out two trashcans full of garbage, after I placed the donation bag in the trunk of my car, after I set aside some items for my Yahoo Group members...I made this card!

Sassy Sally is featured in several other digi images at Squigglefly.  If you love her here, you're going to love all the others as well!!  Happy shopping, crafters!!
Other Blog challenges entered: 
Sassy Cheryl's Blog - Anything Goes

5 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

I love Sassy Sally and that look of "What can I do next?" I like your summer colors and what a awesome butterfly.

Tammy said...

Super card and super cute image. Love how you've colored it and the great background you created!

Kathy Bradley said...

Great find in your closet - that butterfly is awesome. Adorable Sassy Sally and adorable card!

Holly Young said...

What a cute card. Love that big butterfly and your pink color. I think with this heat Sally's got reason to be cranky! Congrats to you on getting your stash cleaned out!

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a fabulous card and I ADORE the summer pink. A keeper for sure.
Thanks for sharing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.