PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Mmm, Leftovers

My favorite part of Thanksgiving--besides sitting at the table with family, passing the house with Christmas lights twinkling, and yummy food--is the leftovers!!  I make two special dishes with the turkey meat, and I made the first one earlier this week.  I had help, too!  My new daughter-in-law, Cami, came over to help and to make pies for her family.
Here are the results, a pie for me, hubby and daughter.  Cami took hers home for the family to enjoy that night.  Each pie is custom made for the individual's taste buds.  I like mushrooms but not peas, Wendy likes peas but not mushrooms, and hubby likes it ALL!! LOL

My other special leftover dish is lovingly referred to as "turkey balls"!    They are croquettes, small molded balls of cut-up turkey and cream of chicken soup, rolled in flour and egg and bread crumbs--crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside.  Mmm-mm-mmm!

So, do you have any special leftover dishes you make after Thanksgiving?  Let me know!!

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

You are amazing!!! Those pies look terrific and I personally love it all too... :D The turkey ball recipe sounds absolutely yummy!! I would love to try it. Thank you for sharing these. :)
hugs,
Lisa x