PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, December 10, 2012

When Christmas Gets a Little Creepy

...then you know it's time for a new challenge at the Forever Night Creepy Challenge Blog.  This week the challenge is to use a little lace.  I made a Christmas card using a Queen Kat Designs image called Voodoo Child by artist Charles Bristow.
I used a gorgeous thick black lace on the bottom, under the poem I wrote, but you can't really see it well here.  The poem is a take-off from the Christmas carol, Winter Wonderland:
"Slay bells ring, are you listening? In the fields, blood is glistening.  Some gruesome sounds, black magic abounds, Walking in a Voodoo Wonderland."  Now I need a like-minded (twisted) friend who will appreciate my dark humor in this card.  Any takers?

4 comments:

Holly Young said...

oh my gosh, I'll bet you had fun making this! Your song is hilarious and so creative!

CarlaKH said...

hehe love your song lyrics.. I have been doing the same thing on my Creepmas tags! So fun. Love it! thanks for joining us at Forever Night!

Steph said...

Great card, so many little details to take in. Love the lyrics they are perfect with that QKD image! Thanks for joining us this week at Forever Night Challenges.

Miranda said...

fantastic card PAt, LOVE it and that song is fantastic and hilareous,love it
thanks for joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
FNC DT