PagesPat's Ponderings

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mini Tag Book Challenge

I joined a Facebok group called The Craft hole on Facebook, and from the get-go was challenged to step out of my comfort zone with a new (to me) project-a mini tag book!
Yes, I had never made one before.
This is my cover.  We were given a youtube tutorial to follow, with a margin of personal tweaking allowed.  Most tag books I've seen are bound together at the "other" end.  I like that this one is bound at the sides.

I was gifted with a handful of beautiful patterned papers that lent themselves wonderfully to flowers and fairies, which run amok in my tag book.

The dimensions are roughly 4x6, and we were asked to use six pieces of paper in our books

Each mini layout as the pages are turned has at least one pocket in which the tags are nestled.  My tag on the left hides a sentiment that reads:  There is no greater treasure than a good friend.

I recently received a package from a very good crafting friend, Holley, filled with charms of all kinds, and the tag handle uses one of these charms.

The fence is cut from the Creative Memories punch system, and the sentiment grow is a Cricut cut.  If you look closely at the flower on the right, you can almost see a face stamped on it.  That's a QKD stamp, and I've used more throughout the book.

I have lately been dabbling in mixed media, so the next set of pages showcases a paper doily, ripped designer napkin, inking, acrylic paint, another QKD stamp, all held together with a bit of Mod podge and finished off with a couple K&Co chipboard stickers.


Turning the page, I used a couple images on them.  In fact, two of my favorites, both from QKD.  On the left is Blue Haired Fairy, and on the right is Just Breathe.


The Tim Holtz Idea-ology metal charm reads:
Reality has limits, Imagination is boundless.

I agree!

I printed the digi Just Breathe in three different sizes and after coloring them, I fussy cut them out and layered them on the page.   My sentiment fits the page perfectly: Earth laughs in flowers.


Almost done, thanks for hanging in there! LOL
A small handmade journal is tucked in the pocket.


And we finally come to the last set of pages!

Just a couple quotes from the Quote Garden about fairies and flowers, the perfect ending to my challenge project.

I hope you liked it, and are inspired to try one yourself!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tag Book, Pat.

Wish I could make such awesome ones

Regards,
Vithya

Pat said...

Think of it as a set of double-sided cards. That's what they really are. Just a couple of cards/layouts, at 4x6".
Love YOUR cards!