PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, October 21, 2013

Falling for Carmen Gamble's Images from Squigglefly

Fall, finally!!  Today was partly cloudy, raining lightly, and a definite chill in the air, finally!!  It's the middle of October, and up until yesterday, we were wearing short sleeves and running our air conditioner at work, and today I wore long sleeves, finally!!

So in celebration of cooler days, falling leaves and apple cider, I made a tag for the Squigglefly Challenge blog.  The image is a Squigglefly digi by artist Carmen Gamble.  It's called Christmas Mouse, and she originally had a tail to which mistletoe was tied, and two little birds were kissing under it. However, her Christmas look didn't match my Fall tag, so I snipped her tail and the birds out of the scene.  Easy peasy with digi's!  Doesn't she look ready for Fall on my tag?

Check out the new releases for October at the STORE, and come play in the new challenge.  It's to make a card that uses leaves or trees and leaves, autumn or fall theme in the image or embellishments OR create a card that shows travel as in LEAVING home and going on a trip like camping, travel, vacation!

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

Very cute! I like how you changed this Christmas up for a totally different look! I love your leaf embellishments and the little pearl buttons you added to her dress.

nwilliams6 said...

Pat, this is great! She is precious and sweet on this tag and super idea to change up the image and make it work for another holiday. It just turned cool here as well - I was looking forward to it but now I am not! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and sorry I am so late in commenting! Hugz!

nwilliams6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

SO cute!! Thank you so much for promoting the image and I absolutely love the card!!

Carmen said...

SO cute!! Thank you so much for promoting the image and I absolutely love the card!!