PagesPat's Ponderings

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Holly Jolly House Mouse Triptych


I love trying new techniques and using new products.  Sometimes I love one so much it becomes a passion for me.  While I enjoyed making this triptych ornament, I don't think I'd do a lot more.  It was fun, but I would need more practice, especially when it comes time to hang things from inside the ornament, like my snowflakes here.  How to tie the strings together, and then where to hang the ribbon holding the snowflakes-ugh!  Too much thinking! LOL 

But it seems to have worked out okay.  I stamped and colored 3 stamped images of "Silent Night" House Mouse, Stickling here and there for some shine.  I cut them to ATC size and used a Martha Stewart punch to decorate the edges before adhering them together to form a 3D triangle.  I tied the hanger with baker's twine, and attached a snowflake to each end of organza ribbon and hung this from the inside of my ornament.  A little Stickle on the frames of each "panel" gave it a little more shine.  I want those Christmas lights to reflect off the ornaments when it is hung on the tree.  Can you see the miniature pine cone attached to the baker's twine just below the knot?

Hope you like my project. I made it for a swap in my House Mouse group on Paper Craft Planet, as well as for the Outlawz Saturday Paper ala Mode, where this week's challenge is to make a project using Stars and/or Snowflakes (mine are hanging from the ornament).





No comments: