PagesPat's Ponderings

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Getting Steamy with a QKD Image

It's new release time over at Queen Kat Designs, and I have a great image to show you today!
I altered a composition notebook for my daughter.  She fell in love with "Steampunk Heart" one of the new digital images available at the QKD Shop.  She loves to write, so I covered a composition notebook with some handmade paper and distressed the heck out of it.
I colored this heart image with Copics, adding some shine in parts with Liquid Glass from CTMH.  I had a few gears from Spare Parts by the Paper Studio that I adhered onto the heart.  The rest of my gears and chains went onto my cover, along with some hearts and a journal sticker.
I have been cleaning out my craft room, trying to get organized, and I rediscovered some grunge board in the shape of latches.  I distressed them with inks, paints and mists, spraying and rubbing and sanding.  I'm quite proud of how they turned out. In person, they look like strips of leather. One thing I have also discovered in my craft room clean-out.  I don't have a lot of "distressing" supplies.  I'll have to fix that right away! LOL
My daughter saw her new notebook this morning and she loves it.  I might have to make another one, just for me!  For some more inspiration, check out the QKD Facebook page.  And get over to the SHOP if you want to purchase this little beauty of a digital image!!

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

How fun is this Pat and how great you knew your daughter would love every detail! I totally forgot about steampunk but I love it! This is sooo cool - I especially love the hinges and that chain. Great idea. Hugz!