PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Progressive Christmas Card Challenge

 Today I discovered a Christmas card challenge over at Digi Stamps 4 Joy. Basically, you make a Christmas card for each month and link it with the blog and you will receive a digi paper/image with which to make the next month's challenge card. I received this delightful digi paper with all words Christmas-y and managed enough time to make two cards with the same sheet of patterned paper and embellishment pack that I found in my Christmas stash.  Both sport the DS4J paper printed ATC-sized.  The patterned papers are from the DCWV Christmas stack. The silhouette stickers are from Craft n Craftin.
My first card is horizontal, and the DS4J paper is framed with white cardstock. I added two reindeer stickers and then used a Fiskars snowflake border punch to cut out a few tiny snowflakes.
I made my second card on the vertical, choosing to add the border to the top of my card and framing my digi in black.  I used the Christmas tree sticker and added some leftover white snowflake brads to the border.
So I have a very good start to this year's Christmas card stash. And now I want you to check out that link and see all the other beautiful and festive cards, all made with the same DS4J digi. Don't be shy--come join us!!


2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Pat this is a beautiful design. So love the mix of design paper and how your design places the focus on the image. Glad you joined in at last. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of April.
Hugs
Desíre
{Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jackie C said...

Wow, Two cards! I am impressed, great work, well done and good luck!
Hugs, Jackie
Digistamps4Joy.DT
Member