PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, June 9, 2014

Only 199 Days Before Christmas

Squigglefly has a new artist creating images for them!! It's someone whose images I love to color. Her name is Sandra Caldwell and I made my card today using Americana Beauty.
The challenge this week is to make a Christmas card, and I love to take images from one holiday and use it for a different one. Here, I colored this Americana Beauty with greens and reds and pulled out my Christmas papers. I used white gel pen to draw faux stitches around her to coordinate with the stitches on the patterned paper, which is from the DCWV paper stack. along with the photo corners.
The red ad green bow with bells attached is from a set of Christmas earrings, one of which was lost sometime between Christmas and New Year's. I never throw away the matching earring, as I can always find a use for it in my craft room.
So, why don't you get a headstart on your Christmas cards by joining in this week's Squigglefly challenge? One random winner will receive free digis of their choice! What are you waiting for? Time's running out!!

3 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

You did good job re-purposing this really fun image! Love the papers and coloring! Impressive!!! Hugz

Holly Young said...

I too love using images meant for one holiday and using them for another. You did a wonderful job. I love the papers you used, and those little bells hanging from the ribbon are too sweet!

Sandra Caldwell said...

Great job Pat , I love it...glad to see my image use this way. Thank you. Sandra