PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 3, 2014

Skipping Along the Path of Positivity with Gratitude

Have you visited the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog yet? It is an inspiring and positive experience for all who go there. It is a place where you can come to see projects or posts that provide help, hope, courage, love, forgiveness, peace, motivation, encouragement, etc. A place to come especially on those days when the woes of the world just seem too much to bear.
I happened to love the blog so much that I begged Lisa, the owner to put me on her Design Team. I am happy to report that I have been designing for her blog for almost a year now, and I still love the inspiration I get from it.
This month the challenge theme is Gratitude. It is not enough to feel thankful for something. It is imperative to show your appreciation--that's what gratitude is all about. It's a feel-good attitude that gifts both the giver and the recipient with worth and inspires pride and joy in all. It's what makes life worth living, knowing that the things you do for others makes a difference, however large or small. It's what makes the world continue to go 'round.
This month's guest sponsor is Digi Stamps 4 Joy
I am using a DS4J image called "Owl Always Love You." I colored it with Copics and then fussy-cut my image to pop onto a stair-step card. I love this kind of card as I have three card "fronts" with which to play and embellish.
Above is a frontal view of my card. It makes a nice presentation just the way it lays. There's definition and dimension. You see the DS4J image as the focal point, with my sentiment just under the branches. You see the background, with the silhouette of the tree, and a pop of Fall color behind the owls.
Here you see the skinny front where I had my way with my Autumn-themed leftovers. It was difficult to stop piling them on! LOL
Now for the best part: in addition to coming away from the Path of Positivity blog with renewed hope and positive vibes, if you share your positive projects with a theme of Gratitude, the blog offers some lovely prizes:

A prize package of $10 worth of images, from DigiStamps4Joy, our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • Three digital images from Ike's Art for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
There will also be:
-One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
-One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

Challenges I am Entering:
DigiStamps 4 Joy - Anything Goes








5 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Stunning project...love all the details and the colors!

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute card Pat. Love the way you did the card shape and all the wonderful details. A really well done project! Hugz

KarinsArtScrap said...

Pat this is a fab and great card beautiful done
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Oh wow, what a fun card with all the amazing embellishment. Thank you for playing along with us at DigiStamps4Joy and hope to see you again soon. Have great moments Pat.

Hugs,
Asmah
[DS4J DT Member]
[Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Fabulous card Pat! I love your step card. Delightful!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Digi Stamps 4 Joy!! Hope to see you again for the next challenge. Have a fantastic week!! Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com