PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 3, 2014

Squaring Off for Squigglefly's New Challenge

Square cards are in at Squigglefly this week. My card showcases a new Squigglefly image from artist Cheryl Grant Alger. It's called "HoHoHo Snowmen." I love this image because it is image and sentiment all rolled up in one.
I wanted to keep it clean, with pattern behind the image, so I colored the letters and details, leaving the rest of it white. I added white pompoms over the letters "o" to highlight the "snow" factor.
I added a holiday tree behind the snowmen, and added a couple snowflakes among the swirls of the patterned paper for movement.  The Christmas holly ribbon makes a nice finishing touch to my card.
Squigglefly has released some cute and whimsical digital images this month. You can find them at the SHOP.
To check out some inspiration from the DT, and participate in this new challenge, check out the Squigglefly Challenge Blog. And as always, crafters, HAVE FUN!

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

This is a cute card Pat with some fun papers and details. Your cards are so precious! Hugz

Holly Young said...

Darling card Pat! I really love the little pom poms! Looks like each snowman is standing on a snowball. Maybe they're all going to get together to make a new snow friend!