PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 10, 2014

Thank You for Your Service

 
What better way to say thank you to our nation's servicemen and women than by crafting and sending them a Thank You card? That's what the Outlawz Greetings Challenge is this week-to make a Veteran's Day or Thank You card for a veteran. BEANSIE DOODLES is one of this month's Greetings sponsors. 
                                                       http://api.ning.com/files/zdyFMqJvbXJkwSkYfT*pzHxcioNyGh-xEMqPRfF*IRX8i9ZZIwR*vzGhVE8*uyH5PjdvRdXmytZfAKm13jSTFsMZ*LooOXUH/BeansieDoodlesButton.jpg
I am one of those few people who love a good pun, so when I saw this image, I had to create with it. She's called Volleyball Rebekah by BEANSIE DOODLES. I thought she would be great with my sentiment. If you don't know anything about volleyball, the pun will go right over your head - LOL there's another one!
BEANSIE DOODLES is one of this month's Greetings sponsors. 
I like to color block with my cards, and had some leftover Autumn patterned papers that I blocked together for my 6x6 card. A bit of leftover ribbon (2 points for de-stashing), a couple of stars, and my card is finished.
My family holds a lot of service in its history. My great uncles both served in WW2 (Infantry), as did my father-in-law (Navy). I met my husband while we both were posted at Fort Ord, California (ARMY). My sis-in-law joined during Desert Storm, but it was over by the time she was trained. My son is an M.P. in the ARMY Reserves, and it looks like my grandson is gearing up for Basic Training in the Marines.
Even though we know/knew that people supported our efforts, it's always nice to hear about it in the way of letters and cards, so think about sending yours to a Reserve Unit or Recruiting Station near you. They'll be able to ship it out with their next package. And there's always Operation Write Home!
 
Challenges I am entering:
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes
xCrafters' Café - Thank You
xArtistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
xCrafting by Designs - Anything Goes
xLove to Create - Anything Goes
 
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

flossbite said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
Hugs
Fiona DT x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card!!!. Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT