PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, March 30, 2015

First Attempt at Acrylic Album Using Angie's Digi Stamps

Hello, crafty peeps! I decided to stretch my comfort zone by attempting an acrylic album, and have created my first page. I have about five of these blank "pages" with which to create, and couldn't resist playing with this image from Angie's Digi Stamps called Kitty in Flowers.
Playing with acrylic pages is different than regular album pages. I have to always remember that what I place on one side shows up on the opposite, only the flip sides of everything. So I have to think "see through" I have to match up with the opposite side, and if I can't the first side has to show a pretty "back side."
Back to my image. I colored this purr-fect little guy with Copics, then rubbed in some Tim Holtz Distress ink on the edges and in toward the image. I framed him with patterned paper and let a few acrylic sticker circles and jewels to frolic along with him.
Do you like my sentiment? I thought this was purr-fect as well, and found it on the Quotegraden.com, printing it in Microsoft Word and punching it out with my circle punch.
Now it's your turn to try something new. The Outlawz Greetings challenge has an Anything Goes theme this week, perfect for trying your wings in a different medium, a new image, a challenging technique.
Other Challenges I am Entering:
Artistic Inspiration - Flowers
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenges - Hop into Spring (cats are known to hop!)


2 comments:

ike said...

Oooh - that is lovely and I really like that kitty :-D I have never tried making one of these and I can see the problems with the backsides - that takes an awful lot more preparation.... well done and good luck with the rest :-D
Hugz
IKE xxx

Unknown said...

Very beautiful page you have here! The image is so cute and the sentiment is perfect! Thank you very much for sharing your project with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Wish you luck!
Sasha.