PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 23, 2015

Christmas in Two Colors! New Challenge at the Outlawz Monday Greetings!


Time for a new challenge at the Outlawz Mondays Greetings blog, and the theme this week is Christmas in 2 Colors. I went with the traditional colors of the holiday, Red & Green. My image is called Stardust Enchantress. After coloring her with Copics, I added some shimmer with metallic gel pens and framed her. This pretty little Winter image is from this week's sponsor, LACY SUNSHINE.
My card base is from a pack of plain Christmas cards from the local thrift store for 50 cents. The only thing good about them is the greeting inside, so they make a great base for my handmade cards. To give it more color, I inked the edges before popping on a festive paint strip in shades of green. I hid the unpainted strips with pieces of leftover Christmas ribbon.
I embellished simply with glittered snowflakes that look enough like stars to me; a small ribbon bow, and a mid-sized flower just because!
You have one week to create and link up with the Outlawz Monday Greetings challenge. Let's see what you can create for Christmas in just two colors!! And as always, crafters, have fun!!
Challenges I am Entering:
Brown Sugar challenges - Anything Goes
Simply Papercrafts - Anything Goes

3 comments:

Kathy S said...

Love the use of green hair - how fun. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar Challenges in the ATG Challenge. Good Luck.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 256 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Glittertastic said...

What an original Christmas card - I love the green hair - very Grot Bags (I'm showing my age there!). Thanks for playing along at Simply Papercraft this week

Sharon (Glittertastic)
Design Team