PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, November 9, 2015

Sending All My Love to You This Thanksgiving

It's always anything goes at Craft Your Passion challenge blog, and this week brings a new challenge with a new guest sponsor, DeeDee's Digis. I played with a digi set called Sending My Love. The set comes with: 1 outline image, 1 pre-colored image, 1 white-filled layering image, and 4 sentiments, in JPG and PNG file formats.
Sometimes when winter hits, I feel like this little guy. No matter how close your destination, it takes forever to get there. I'm worried about my son and his family now that they live in Wisconsin. It's only a two hour drive, but double that time when winter kicks in--or cancel a trip to visit family!
So I'm sending them all my love in a card this year, just in case Thanksgiving comes and goes and we don't get together. I am, however, grateful for whatever time we do spend together. My son got a rocky start to adulthood, hanging with a crowd that led him down a dark path. There were days when I didn't think he would be alive to graduate high school.
But he survived, went to college, joined the Army Reserves, met the love of his life, and has gifted me with not only a crafting daughter-in-law, but four grandsons and two granddaughters. The youngest one is not quite three months old.
No matter where my  children and their families will be in this whole wide world, I will always have them in my heart. And for that I am thankful.
You have a week to create anything your heart desires, and link it up at Craft Your Passion challenge blog. Have fun, crafters!
My project uses:
Image & sentiment: DeeDee's Digis-Sending My Love
Papers: Decosse's Dynamite Doodles Christmas Grunge in Blue; from Mischief Circus, Marta Van Eck's Winter Scene Papers; from Mischief Circus, Krysty Designs' Glitter Overlay #09
Embellishments: free clipart Snowflake; Kitten Scraps Nathalie MacKay-Kerr Three Ring Show Add-Ons, Build A Flower #52 & Blue Bead

No comments: