PagesPat's Ponderings

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Scrapping My Heart Out

 Life is short, so if I want to get all my digital (and paper) photos scrapped, I'd best be starting NOW. So I did! Over the last week, I experimented and practiced and learned in Photoshop elements and created a 6-page layout of trips to Great America over the years. We live about 45 minutes from Gurnee, IL, which is our amusement park of choice. In creating my first page, I made the photo framed above transparent and enlarged it to fit the entire page before adding it in the center.
Page 1: PS Pauline Thompson’s Bright & Beautiful Solid Paper 7, PS January 2016 Create-a-Kit, Dream4Ever Designs, Metal Stitches; PS Amanda Brown’s Better Together Solid Paper Purple; Kitten Scraps’ 3 Ring Show Elements Kit, Glitter Trail 2, Button 7; Satans Font   (2 photos)
I decided to carry over the transparent photo theme onto most of the other pages. Scrapbookers know how important it is to journal, so my second page's journaling takes up most of the room.
Page 2: PS Pauline Thompson’s Bright & Beautiful Solid Paper 7, Shell Hues Solid Paper 5 & Star Brad 7; Background photo credit: Originally posted to Flickr by Hendricks Photos at http://flickr.com/photos/86636033@N00/997320652

Leathery Soft Font   (5 photos)
Between kids and grandkids, friends and family, we have made a load of memories to cherish. In fact, hubby and I visited Great America in San Francisco, CA, on our honeymoon, but I don't have photos of that trip. 
Page 3: PS Pauline Thompson’s Bright & Beautiful Solid Paper 7; PS Violet Irisovna’s Bright Days Extra Papers, Green; PS Marisa Lerin Be Bold Paper 7, Gold Template; PS Melo Vrijhof’s Summer Splash Word Art, Good Day
Some of our favorite rides have been the American Eagle, the Viper, the X Factor, Batman the Ride and Superman. Although the grandkids loved them, I wouldn't go on a spinning ride to save my life!
Page 4: PS Pauline Thompson’s Bright & Beautiful Solid Paper 7, Rocket Girl Solid Paper 1 & Shell Hues Paint Swirl; PS Velo Vrijhof’s Thankful Harvest Elements Rope 1; PS Janet Scott’s Look a Book Red & Blue Balloons, Sophia Font
This page is not 100% digital. It's a hybrid, a merging of paper-crafting and digital.  I forgot to mention the Carousel, the first ride visitors see when entering the park. On one visit, my daughter, my sister and I each jumped on our favorite racing steed and galloped off into the sunset. Just not before grabbing a couple funnel cakes to split.
Page 6: (Hybrid) Paper-crafted except for: PS Sharon Dewi Stolp’s Good day Washi Tape Yellow Stripes, PS Janet Scott’s Look a Book Blue Pinwheel
Finally, one can't appreciate Great America until they've visited Fright Fest, the best and scariest of Halloween fun. My DIL was hired for the celebration and seeing her in make-up was the best entertainment! The photo above shows her with my son sans make-up. I like her better in pink, though. LOL
Page 5: PS Pauline Thompson’s Bright & Beautiful Solid Paper 7, PS Violet Irisovna’s Bright Days Solid Paper Black,  Melo Vrijhof’s Thankful Harvest Elements Rope 2, Pink Lotty Designs’ Human Skeletons 1&3, Rucola Designs’ Dead or Alive Crow 

PS in the credits is short for pixelscrappers.com





No comments: