PagesPat's Ponderings

Monday, January 9, 2017

Looking Ahead on the Path of Positivity


Today my card features a digital image from Ike's Art called "Gene & Fred," after the famous dancers Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire. I write digital because my craft room is still barred from entrance. Once the contractors are finished, I can finally get into my room and do some hand-crafting, and mixed media canvases, some water colors and altered art - ooh, I can't wait! LOL
I love this image because it can men so many different things. Because we are embarking on a brand new year, I got to thinking about how I will go down my path in 2017. So many choices to make, some shortcuts, and some just looking like shortcuts but aren't. Some people seize each day, learning, laughing, loving. Then there are those who are, 
"Dancing through life
Skimming the surface,
Gliding where turf is smooth..."
(-from the song Dancing through Life, Wicked Broadway play)

Hubby's time with me is limited, mom is getting older, daughter is saving her well-earned money for her own place, and the grandkids are growing like beanstalks! I don't want to miss any of that. So I will grab life by the horns, live in each moment, and appreciate where I'm going and all the stops along the way. 
My card is my DT make for the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog. 
The following went into creating this card:
Papers: Decosse's Dynamite Doodles Sunburst from A Taste of Summer Patterned papers, Burgundy paper from A Grungy Christmas Textured papers; Pixel Scrapper B White's Back to Nature Paper 6 and patterned paper 2.
Elements: Pixel Scrapper Sheila Reid's Outdoor Adventure Compass Rose Stamp & Yellow Polka-dot Grunge Paint, Marisa Lerin's Doodle Set Brush 4, E Minkus' Back to Nature Element 7
Font: Kismet  

This year every month is ANYTHING Positive or Affirming GOES, sometimes with an Optional theme. To start the New Year off, the first challenge has the OPTIONAL theme of "The Road Ahead."
There are two sponsors in January - Scribbles Designs
AND

Prizes offered: 
In order to be considered eligible for this month's sponsor prizes, ALL creations must be positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. 
If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize for Most Inspirational.
From Ike's Art, a $15 gift certificate from Ike's Art
From Scribbles Designs, a $10 gift certificate from Scribbles Designs
From Creative Bug Digital SnapShots, one digital image for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
I hope you'll choose the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog to create and link up a card or project this month. Anything positive or affirming is welcome!
Watch 



1 comment:

ike said...

How fabulous that is and I was very uplifted and inspired by your write-up - very positive. xxx
Thank you very much for using one of my images and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you.

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog